Google’s cloud services and accompanying apps are extremely helpful for work, school, and other projects. Google Drive can house documents, video, audio, and images — and it’s easily compatible with an iPhone.
Here’s how to do it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
1. Start by downloading the Google Drive app on your iPhone, if you haven’t already.
2. Open the Google Drive app.
3. In the bottom right corner, you’ll see a multicolored “+” icon. Tap it.
4. Tap “Upload,” then “Photos and Videos.” Make sure your image file is an uploadable format. Image types supported by Google are .JPEG, .PNG, .GIF, .BMP, .TIFF and .SVG.
5. Go into your iPhone’s Albums and select the photos you’d like to add to Google Drive.
6. Once uploaded, you can quickly find your photos with the “Locate” link that will appear on the bottom of your screen.
Google only allocates 15 GB for free use on Drive, but you can pay for up to 30 TB of extra storage.
If you need more storage but aren’t ready to pony up, Google also offers ways to save space when adding photos in Drive.