Black Friday 2019 expectations are already rising and I have already previewed Walmart’s biggest deals. Amazon and Best Buy always run Walmart close, but in recent years it is Target which has had some of the best Black Friday deals. So here are my expectations for Target’s Black Friday 2019 sales.
Target’s Best Black Friday Tech Deals Last Year
How you predict Walmart’s Black Friday 2019 sales is to look at its top deals from last year:
- iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max – Free $250 Target Gift Card with qualified activation on Verizon, Sprint or AT&T
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 + $300 Target Gift Card with qualified activation on Verizon or AT&T
- Google Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL + $200 Target Gift Card with qualified activation on Verizon
- Sony PlayStation 4 1TB Spider-Man Bundle for $199.99 (save $100)
- Nintendo Switch Mario Kart 8 Deluxe bundle for $299.99 (save $59.99)
- Fitbit Versa Smartwatch for $149 (save $50.95)
- Samsung 65-inch Smart Curved UHD TV for $799.99 (save $300)
- LG 49-inch 4K HDR UHD Smart TV for $329.99 (save $120)
- Element 55-inch Smart 4K UHD TV for $199.99 (save $180)
- Beats Powerbeats3 Wireless Earphones – Neighborhood Collection for $89.99 (save $110)
What does this mean for Black Friday 2019?
What To Expect From Target’s Black Friday 2019 Sales
The big takeaway from Target last year was that it couldn’t match Walmart’s big smartphone blow-out ($300 discounts). Target may find the extra $50 this year (which is in my predictions), but don’t be surprised if it is caught at the $250 mark again. I’d also expect Xbox deals in 2019, which were missing last year:
- Apple iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max – $300 Target Gift Card when activating a new instalment plan
- Samsung Galaxy S10, S10+, Note 10 – $300 Target Gift Card when activating a new instalment plan
- Microsoft Xbox One X Bundle with $40 Target Gift Card – $379.99 (save $130)
- Sony PlayStation 4 Pro Bundle – $279.99 (save $120)
- Nintendo Switch Bundle (game or free memory card) – $250 (save circa $100)
- Nintendo Switch Lite (game bundle) – $150 (save $50)
- 65-inch 4K TV – $550 from a premium brand
- 55-inch 4K TV – $180 from a respectable brand
- Fitbit Versa 2 Smartwatch for $149 (save $70)
- Fitbit Versa Lite Smartwatch for $109 (save $50)
- Beats Powerbeats Wireless Pro – for $189.99 (save $60
Walmart is likely to remain the smartphone destination to beat, but I expect Target will run closer this year. Target also typically has better premium HDTV discounts than Walmart (particularly at 65-inches), which tends to skew cheaper but for lower quality models.
Also look at Target for accessories like headphones and smartwatches. Fitbit’s recent struggles suggest big sales could be coming and Beats are always good value during Target’s Black Friday sales, so look out for the flagship Powerbeats Wireless Pro. Expect Google Nest and Mini smart speakers to appear as well.
Remember, Target will start Black Friday pre-sales before its Door Busters so hold your nerve if the early deals don’t shape up.
Target Black Friday 2019 Tips:
Black Friday Ad Release – Unlike Walmart, Target tends to be first out the gate with its 2019 Black Friday ad. Monday 11 November looks hot favourite with Black Friday 2019 starting a week later this year. Best Buy, should also come soon afterwards but it will be Target who sets the tone for many prices that other major stores will follow. I’d expect the Target Black Friday ad to be circa 40 pages and look out for free gift cards with its top doorbusters.
Sale Days and Times – Traditionally Target starts its in-store Black Friday sale at 6 pm on Thanksgiving and that should continue in 2019. Target, Best Buy, and Walmart tend to resist pressure to open earlier though online deals will be live throughout Thanksgiving and Black Friday before extending throughout the weekend into Cyber Monday. Expect an pre-Black Friday sale circa November 11 too to celebrate the release of its Black Friday Ad.
Free Shipping – Target is top dog here along with Best Buy. Both always offer free shipping with no minimum spend for all orders during the holiday season. By comparison, Amazon’s non-Prime members must spend at least $25 for free shipping while Walmart shoppers require a minimum spend of over $35 for free two-day shipping.
Target Cyber Monday – Target is a rare expect in that it typically still has a Cyber Week ad. Usually, Target waits until Black Friday weekend to release it and you shouldn’t expect it any earlier in 2019 with only the top deals revealed.
One big tip: historically Target has offered a coupon for 15% off the entire store on Cyber Monday, which will make it a top destination for 2019 Cyber Monday deals.
I will be extensively tracking Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2019 deals and publishing the best offers daily, so be sure to bookmark my page.
Follow Gordon on Facebook
More On Forbes