The big Apple news this week is all about the new Selena Gomez music video. The promotional video for her new single “Lose You To Love Me” was shot entirely on an iPhone 11 Pro. You can see the video up top.
Elsewhere, we’ve got a bunch fo different news topics related to Apple TV Plus, which finally lands on November 1. We also have some rumors related to self-driving vehicles, the new AirPods Pro, and more!
See the Apple news roundup below for all the latest.
The top Apple news stories of the past week:
- New Selena Gomez video shot on iPhone: Selena Gomez’s new single “Lose You To Love Me” has an accompanying music video which was shot using an iPhone 11 Pro. The black-and-white video looks pretty stunning considering the source of the footage. Of course, keep in mind the disclaimer at the end of the video: “Additional software and professional hardware used. Edited on a Mac.”
- More hints of the AirPods Pro on the way: Accessory maker ESR just released a new custom case for your AirPods Pro, despite the fact that Apple has yet to reveal such a product. This is more evidence that these new earbuds are on the way, either by the end of 2019 or early 2020.
- Apple might still be working on a self-driving car: According to Digitimes, Apple is still covertly working on an autonomous vehicle. According to a source, Taiwanese manufacturer Quanta Computer is currently supplying Apple with unspecified “autonomous driving solutions.”
- Google is “fixing” that iPhone Google Photos “bug”: It looks like iPhone users’ days are numbered when it comes to the loophole that allows them to get unlimited original quality photo backups for free on Google Photos. According to Google, it will fix this “bug” in the future.
- Apple Pay now most popular mobile payment platform: Us Android users mostly use Google Pay, but it’s not nearly as popular as Starbucks’ in-app payment solution. That was the most popular in the US for a long time, but now Apple Pay is more popular.
- Apple TV app now on Fire TV products: The Apple TV app is now finally available on select Fire TV devices, including the second-generation Fire TV Stick, the Fire TV Stick 4K, and the Fire TV Stick Basic Edition.
- Legendary Isaac Asimov series coming to Apple TV Plus: Apple has greenlit a television adaptation of “Foundation,” the first book in a series of highly-regarded sci-fi novels from Isaac Asimov. Lee Pace and Jared Harris are among the confirmed cast members.
Thinking about making the switch?
If you are reading this Apple news article on an iOS device and thinking about making the switch to Android, we have multiple articles and guides that can help you with that process. Despite how it might seem, moving from iOS to Android is easier than ever, and many of the services and systems on iOS have similar or even the same counterparts on Android.
The best place to start would be our guide on how to switch from iPhone to Android, which goes over all the basics. We also have more specific guides, such as how to transfer your calendar from iPhone to Android. We also have app guides that will give you the best alternatives to iOS staples, such as our list of best alternatives to FaceTime on Android.
If you’re looking for a great Android device to replace your iPhone, consult our list of the best Android smartphones available now.