However, it’s sometimes very easy to swipe or hit the wrong button by accident, and delete or archive an email you meant to keep.
If you do this, don’t worry — there are a couple of easy ways to get that email back. You can do it immediately, or if you did’t realize that you made a mistake right away, you can do it later.
Either way, here is how to retrieve deleted emails on your iPhone.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to retrieve a deleted email on your iPhone if you recently deleted it
1. With the Mail app open, shake your phone back and forth.
2. A box titled “Undo Trash” will appear. Tap “Undo.” The email should reappear in your inbox.
Note that this method will only work if deleting or archiving the email was the last action you took on the app.
If you did something after that, like opened a new email, follow these instructions instead:
How to retrieve a deleted email on your iPhone if you did not recently delete it
1. On the Mail app, tap “Mailboxes” in the upper left-hand corner.
2. Tap the sixth item on the list, “Trash,” next to the trashcan icon.
3. Open the email you wish to retrieve.
4. Tap the arrow symbol in the bottom right-hand corner.
5. In the pop-up menu, tap “Move Message,” at the bottom.
6. In the new menu, tap “Inbox,” at the top. The message will now reappear in your inbox.